Kat's Carrot and Pear Soup
Mildly sweet thick soup; if you like pumpkin soup you will like this.
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 pears
- 2 oranges
- 1 tsp shredded ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- large pot
- blender or stick blender
- Grate carrots, chop up onion, chop up pears, juice oranges.
- In the large pot, cook the onion and ginger in the coconut oil until the onion is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Puree the soup in blender or with stick blender.
Note About Coconut Oil
You don't have to use coconut oil, considering that it is neither cheap nor easily found. However I find the coconut oil (virgin pressed) adds a delicate fragrance and flavour to the soup. If you can't find coconut oil, use an oil that is not strong-tasting.