- 4 carrots
- 2-4 T grated ginger root
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 T Erythritol
- 2 T Xylitol (or was it 3?)
- 1 t Xanthan gum
- 3 T Splenda granular
- 1 T Beechwood honeydew (or other strongly-flavoured honey)
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1 t cinnamon
- stick blender or blender
- ice cream maker
- Chop up carrots, put in top half of double-boiler.
- Put water and ginger in bottom half of double-boiler.
- Bring to boil; let simmer for 15 mins.
- Put carrots in bowl.
- Strain out the ginger from the water, keeping the water.
- Into the bowl, pour in enough of the ginger-water to cover the carrots.
- Let cool down for 10-20 mins.
- Puree the carrot-water mixture.
- Add Erythritol, Xylitol, gum; Splenda to taste, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon: mix.
- Put in fridge to cool more.
- Mix in ice-cream machine.